Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Adventures in the Bargain Book Bin: April 24, 2012

By Noelle
I admit it: I spend at least a couple hours a month in the Amazon Bargain Book section.  I generally look for hardcovers under $8,  paperbacks under $5 and e-books under $4.  Just in case clicking through 100 pages of book links isn't your thing, here is what caught my eye this time around.

Warning: Some of these have extremely limited available quantities.

Not really any crazy prices this time but there are a lot and I mean a lot of hardcovers in the $7 range.

My Most Excellent Year by Steve Kluger • Goodreads
Hardcover - $6.80


Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler • Goodreads
Hardcover - $6.80










Sorta Like a Rock Star by Matthew Quick • GoodreadsNoelle's Review
Hardcover - $6.80










The Treasure Map of Boys (Ruby Oliver #3) by E. Lockhart • Goodreads
Hardcover - $6.40










Bog Child by Siobhan Dowd • Goodreads
Hardcover - $6.80












More bargain hardcovers including titles by Juliet Marillier, David Levithan and more after the jump!



Virtuosity by Jessica Martinez • Goodreads
Hardcover - $6.80

Cybele's Secret (Wildwood #2) by Juliet Marillier • Goodreads
Hardcover - $6.80

Love is the Higher Law by David Levithan • Goodreads
Hardcover - $6.40


The Mockingbirds (The Mockingbirds #1) by Daisy Whitney • Goodreads
Hardcover - $6.80

You by Charles Benoit • Goodreads
Hardcover - $6.80

Moonglass by Jessi Kirby • Goodreads
Hardcover - $6.80

Between Here and Forever by Elizabeth Scott • Goodreads
Hardcover - $6.80

Madapple by Christina Meldrum • Goodreads
Hardcover - $6.80

Fixing Delilah by Sarah Ockler • Goodreads
Hardcover - $6.80

In a Heartbeat by Loretta Ellsworth • Goodreads
Hardcover - $6.80

Flash Burnout by L.K. Madigan • Goodreads
Hardcover - $6.40


Shift by Jennifer Bradbury • Goodreads
Hardcover - $6.58










5 comments:

  1. Wow, $6.80 for a hardback is unheard of here.... even for a paperback it's more like $30-40 h/back and $20 for p/backs! I do love Amazon's cheapo Kindle versions, $1.99 for an ebook, yes please! And you girls have great taste, so many awesome books listed here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holy crap. I'd need to have an additional part time job just for my book money if I lived in Australia! --N

      Delete
  2. It's funny that Mandee said that it's unheard of because my first reaction was, "Eh, it could be lower." :) I guess I am just a cheap bastard. On the other hand, some of those books rock. Did you buy any?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, Flannery at first I was all "bargain?!?!" at the price too. Totally spoiled. I've circled a few to consider on pay day tomorrow---Excellent Year, You and Love is the Higher Law have got me particularly intrigued. --N

      Delete
  3. It's no wonder that most book stores are failing - we've all gotten used to these low, low prices. (And frankly I don't want to give them up!) That's a steal for The Treasure Map of Boys. Thanks for digging these up Noelle!

    ReplyDelete

We've just installed Disqus for comments. If you see this message, it means that Disqus has not loaded properly. BADLY DONE, DISQUS. You can either try refreshing the page to get to the Disqus thread or leave a comment here.